Under the California Digital Signature Regulations, an acceptable technology
|| must be capable of creating signatures that conform to requirements set forth in California Government Code Section 16.5, specifically,
- It is unique to the person using it;
- It is capable of verification;
- It is under the sole control of the person using it;
- It is linked to data in such a manner that if the data are changed, the digital signature is invalidated;
- It conforms to Title 2. Division 7. Chapter 10 of the California Code of Regulations.
- ↑ 2 Cal. Code Regs. 22002 (full-text).