The Australian Federal Police (AFP) enforces Commonwealth criminal law and protects Commonwealth and national interests from crime in Australia and overseas. In relation to cyber security, the AFP:
- provides a specialized investigative capacity to support the identification, investigation and prosecution of complex technology enabled crime offenses
- works in partnership with the Australian law enforcement community to respond to organized and complex technology enabled crime
- actively engages in the implementation of crime prevention strategies aimed at raising awareness of cyber security risks in the Australian community, and
- cooperates with international agencies to investigate and prosecute technology enabled crime and address cyber crime issues.
- Cyber Security Strategy, at 29.