Computer security[edit | edit source]
- "[t]o verify the identity of a user, user device, or other entity, or the integrity of data stored, transmitted, or otherwise exposed to unauthorized modification in an IS [information system], or to establish the validity of a transmission."
References[edit | edit source]
- NIST Special Publication 800-32, at 46.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Authenticated encryption
- Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data
- Authenticated RFID
- Authenticated user
- Authentication code
- Authentication feature
- Authentication information
- Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment
- Authentication key
- Authentication mechanism
- Authentication mode
- Authentication of identity
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.