The Chief Information Officer (CIO)
|“||[f]ocuses on information security strategy within an organization and is responsible for the strategic use and management of information, information systems, and IT.||”|
|“||is an organizational official responsible for (1) designating a chief information security officer; (2) developing and maintaining cybersecurity policies, procedures, and control techniques to address all applicable requirements; (3) overseeing personnel with significant responsibilities for cybersecurity and ensuring that the personnel are adequately trained; (4) assisting senior organizational officials concerning their security responsibilities; and (5) coordinating with other senior officials.||”|
|“|| [is an] [a]gency official responsible for:
U.S. government Edit
- Commerce Chief Information Officer
- Department of the Navy Chief Information Officer
- DHS Chief Information Officer
- Federal Chief Information Officer
- ↑ Cybersecurity Human Capital: Initiatives Need Better Planning and Coordination, at 38.
- ↑ Electricity Subsector Cybersecurity Risk Management Process, App. F, at 73.
- ↑ Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996, Pub. L. No. 104-106, §5125(b).
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.