Definitions[edit | edit source]
Biometrics[edit | edit source]
Computer technology[edit | edit source]
Data[edit | edit source]
|“||the process of changing records from one medium to another or from one format to another.||”|
Software[edit | edit source]
|“||[m]odification of existing software to enable it to operate with similar functional capability in a different environment; for example, converting a program from FORTRAN to Ada or converting a program that runs on one computer to run on another.||”|
Tort law[edit | edit source]
To state a claim for conversion, a plaintiff must establish:
- the plaintiff's ownership or right to possession of certain property;
- the defendant's conversion of the property by a wrongful act or disposition of property rights; and
References[edit | edit source]
- Privacy and Biometrics: Building a Conceptual Foundation, at 48.
- ISO 15489:2001.
- Information Technology: An Audit Guide For Assessing Acquisition Risks, Glossary, at 91.
- See Oakdale Village Group v. Fong, 43 Cal.App.4th 539, 543-44, 50 Cal.Rptr.2d 810 (1996) (full-text).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.