Citation[edit | edit source]
Overview[edit | edit source]
This document is a statement by the GAO describing (1) cyber threats facing cyber-reliant critical infrastructures; (2) recent actions the federal government has taken, in partnership with the private sector, to identify and protect cyber-reliant critical infrastructures; and (3) ongoing challenges to protecting these infrastructures.
Continuing challenges outlines in the report include:
- implementing actions recommended by the president's cybersecurity policy review;
- updating the national strategy for securing the information and communications infrastructure;
- reassessing DHS's planning approach to critical infrastructure protection;
- strengthening public-private partnerships, particularly for information sharing;
- enhancing the national capability for cyber analysis and warning;
- addressing global aspects of cybersecurity and governance; and
- securing the modernized Electricity grid, referred to as the "smart grid."