The following are the GAO reports published in 2012 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those Reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- Telecommunications: DISH Network Complied with the Court-Appointed Special Master's Examination of Its Compliance with the Section 119 Statutory License (GAO-13-169R) (Dec. 12, 2012).
- Identity Theft: Total Extent of Refund Fraud Using Stolen Identities is Unknown (GAO-13-132T) (Nov. 29, 2012).
- Geospatial Information: OMB and Agencies Need to Make Coordination a Priority to Reduce Duplication (GAO-13-94) (Nov. 26, 2012).
- Spectrum Management: FCC's Licensing Approach in the 11, 18, and 23 Gigahertz Bands Currently Supports Spectrum Availability and Efficiency (GAO-13-78R) (Nov. 20, 2012).
- Spectrum Management: Incentives, Opportunities, and Testing Needed to Enhance Spectrum Sharing (GAO-13-7) (Nov. 14, 2012).
- Information Technology Dashboard: Opportunities Exist to Improve Transparency and Oversight of Investment Risk at Select Agencies (GAO-13-98) (Oct. 16, 2012).
- Information Technology: Agencies Need to Strengthen Oversight of Billions of Dollars in Operations and Maintenance Investments (GAO-13-87) (Oct. 16, 2012).
- Information Technology: Department of Labor Could Further Facilitate Modernization of States' Unemployment Insurance Systems (GAO-12-957) (Sept. 26, 2012).
- Information Technology: DHS Needs to Enhance Management of Cost and Schedule for Major Investments (GAO-12-904) (Sept. 26, 2012).
- Organizational Transformation: Enterprise Architecture Value Needs to Be Measured and Reported (GAO-12-791) (Sept. 26, 2012).
- Driver's License Security: Federal Leadership Needed to Address Remaining Vulnerabilities (GAO-12-893) (Sept. 21, 2012).
- Next Generation Enterprise Network: Navy Implementing Revised Approach, but Improvement Needed in Mitigating Risks (GAO-12-956) (Sept. 19, 2012).
- Information Security: Better Implementation of Controls for Mobile Devices Should Be Encouraged (GAO-12-757) (Sept. 18, 2012).
- Recovery Act: Broadband Programs Are Ongoing, and Agencies' Efforts Would Benefit from Improved Data Quality (GAO-12-937) (Sept. 14, 2012).
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems: Measuring Progress and Addressing Potential Privacy Concerns Would Facilitate Integration into the National Airspace System (GAO-12-981) (Sept. 14, 2012).
- Spectrum Management: Federal Government's Use of Spectrum and Preliminary Information on Spectrum Sharing (GAO-12-1018T) (Sept. 13, 2012).
- Biosurveillance: Observations on BioWatch Generation-3 and Other Federal Efforts (GAO-12-994T) (Sept. 13, 2012).
- Electronic Government Act: Agencies Have Implemented Most Provisions, but Key Areas of Attention Remain (GAO-12-782) (Sept. 12, 2012).
- Mobile Device Location Data: Additional Federal Actions Could Help Protect Consumer Privacy (GAO-12-903) (Sept. 11, 2012).
- Biosurveillance: DHS Should Reevaluate Mission Need and Alternatives before Proceeding with BioWatch Generation-3 Acquisition (GAO-12-810) (Sept. 10, 2012).
- Medical Devices: FDA Should Expand Its Consideration of Information Security for Certain Types of Devices (GAO-12-816) (Aug. 31, 2012).
- Entrepreneurial Assistance: Opportunities Exist to Improve Programs' Collaboration, Data-Tracking, and Performance Management (GAO-12-819) (Aug. 23, 2012).
- Medicare: CMS Needs an Approach and a Reliable Cost Estimate for Removing Social Security Numbers from Medicare Cards (GAO-12-831) (Aug. 2, 2012).
- Medicare: Action Needed to Remove Social Security Numbers from Medicare Cards (GAO-12-949T) (Aug. 1, 2012).
- Privacy: Federal Law Should Be Updated to Address Changing Technology Landscape (GAO-12-961T) (July 31, 2012).
- Freedom of Information Act: Additional Actions Can Strengthen Agency Efforts to Improve Management (GAO-12-828) (July 31, 2012).
- Telecommunications: Exposure and Testing Requirements for Mobile Phones Should Be Reassessed (GAO-12-771) (July 24, 2012).
- Data Center Consolidation: Agencies Making Progress on Efforts, but Inventories and Plans Need to Be Completed (GAO-12-742) (July 19, 2012).
- Information Security: Environmental Protection Agency Needs to Resolve Weaknesses (GAO-12-696) (July 19, 2012).
- Cybersecurity: Challenges in Securing the Electricity Grid (GAO-12-926T) (July 17, 2012).
- Information Technology Reform: Progress Made but Future Cloud Computing Efforts Should be Better Planned (GAO-12-756) (July 11, 2012).
- Electronic Warfare: DOD Actions Needed to Strengthen Management and Oversight (GAO-12-479) (July 9, 2012).
- Information Security: Cyber Threats Facilitate Ability to Commit Economic Espionage (GAO-12-876T) (June 28, 2012).
- Freedom of Information Act: Key Website Is Generally Reliable, but Action Is Needed to Ensure Completeness of Its Reports (GAO-12-754) (June 28, 2012).
- Transportation: Planning and Flexibility Are Key to Effectively Deploying Broadband Conduit through Federal Highway Projects (GAO-12-687R) (June 27, 2012).
- Prescription Drug Data: HHS Has Issued Health Privacy and Security Regulations but Needs to Improve Guidance and Oversight (GAO-12-605) (June 22, 2012).
- Nanotechnology: Improved Performance Information Needed for Environmental, Health, and Safety Research (GAO-12-427) (June 20, 2012).
- Aviation Security: Status of TSA's Acquisition of Technology for Screening Passenger Identification and Boarding Passes (GAO-12-826T) (June 19, 2012).
- Polar-Orbiting Environmental Satellites: Changing Requirements, Technical Issues, and Looming Data Gaps Require Focused Attention (GAO-12-604) (June 15, 2012).
- DOD Business Systems Modernization Governance Mechanisms for Implementing Management Controls Need to Be Improved (GAO-12-685) (June 1, 2012).
- DOD Strategic Communication: Integrating Foreign Audience Perceptions into Policy Making, Plans, and Operations (GAO-12-612R) (May 24, 2012).
- Bureau of the Public Debt: Areas for Improvement in Information Systems Controls (GAO-12-616R) (May 24, 2012).
- Information Technology: HUD's Fiscal Year 2011 Expenditure Plan Satisfies Statutory Conditions (GAO-12-654) (May 24, 2012).
- Information Technology Reform: Progress Made; More Needs to Be Done to Complete Actions and Measure Results (GAO-12-745T) (May 24, 2012).
- Social Security Administration: Technology Modernization Needs Improved Planning and Performance Measures (GAO-12-723T) (May 9, 2012).
- Foreign Police Assistance: Defined Roles and Improved Information Sharing Could Enhance Interagency Collaboration (GAO-12-534) (May 9, 2012).
- Homeland Security: DHS and TSA Face Challenges Overseeing Acquisition of Screening Technologies (GAO-12-644T) (May 9, 2012).
- Federal Land Management: Availability and Potential Reliability of Selected Data Elements at Five Agencies (GAO-12-691T) (May 3, 2012).
- VA Administrative Investigations: Improvements Needed in Collecting and Sharing Information (GAO-12-483) (Apr. 30, 2012).
- Electronic Health Records: First Year of CMS's Incentive Programs Shows Opportunities to Improve Processes to Verify Providers Met Requirements (GAO-12-481) (Apr. 30, 2012).
- Social Security Administration: Improved Planning and Performance Measures Are Needed to Help Ensure Successful Technology Modernization (GAO-12-495) (Apr. 26, 2012).
- Information Technology Reform: Progress Made; More Needs to Be Done to Complete Actions and Measure Results (GAO-12-461) (Apr. 26, 2012).
- Cybersecurity: Threats Impacting the Nation (GAO-12-666T) (Apr. 24, 2012).
- Defense Biometrics: Additional Training for Leaders and More Timely Transmission of Data Could Enhance the Use of Biometrics in Afghanistan (GAO-12-442) (Apr. 23, 2012).
- Federal Telework: Program Measurement Continues to Confront Data Reliability Issues (GAO-12-519) (Apr. 19, 2012).
- HUD Information Technology: More Work Remains to Implement Necessary Management Controls (GAO-12-580T) (Mar. 29, 2012).
- Export Controls: Proposed Reforms Create Opportunities to Address Enforcement Challenges (GAO-12-246) (Mar. 27, 2012).
- IT Supply Chain: Additional Efforts Needed by National Security-Related Agencies to Address Risks (GAO-12-579T) (Mar. 27, 2012).
- Progress and Challenges Faced in Strengthening Three Key Security Programs (GAO-12-541T) (Mar. 26, 2012).
- To Date, DISH Network Is Cooperating with the Court-Appointed Special Master's Examination of Its Compliance with the Section 119 Statutory License (GAO-12-496R) (Mar. 23, 2012).
- IT Supply Chain: National Security-Related Agencies Need to Better Address Risks (GAO-12-361) (Mar. 23, 2012).
- Space Acquisitions: DOD Faces Challenges in Fully Realizing Benefits of Satellite Acquisition Improvements (GAO-12-563T) (Mar. 21, 2012).
- Intelligent Transportation Systems: Improved DOT Collaboration and Communication Could Enhance the Use of Technology to Manage Congestion (GAO-12-308) (Mar. 19, 2012).
- Information Security: IRS Needs to Further Enhance Internal Control over Financial Reporting and Taxpayer Data (GAO-12-393) (Mar. 16, 2012).
- Effort to Consolidate Governmentwide Acquisition Data Systems Should Be Reassessed (GAO-12-429) (Mar. 15, 2012).
- Information Technology: FDA Needs to Fully Implement Key Management Practices to Lessen Modernization Risks (GAO-12-346) (Mar. 15, 2012).
- Cybersecurity: Challenges in Securing the Modernized Electricity Grid (GAO-12-507T) (Feb. 28, 2012).
- Federal Statistical System: Agencies Can Make Greater Use of Existing Data, but Continued Progress Is Needed on Access and Quality Issues (GAO-12-54) (Feb. 24, 2012).
- Emergency Communications: Various Challenges Likely to Slow Implementation of a Public Safety Broadband Network (GAO-12-343) (Feb. 22, 2012).
- Electronic Waste: Actions Needed to Provide Assurance That Used Federal Electronics Are Disposed of in an Environmentally Responsible Manner (GAO-12-74) (Feb. 2012).
Other GAO Reports
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017