The following are the GAO reports published in 2013 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- In-Car Location Based Services (GAO-14-81) (Dec. 2013).
- Social Security Death Data: Additional Action Needed to Address Data Errors and Federal Agency Access (GAO-14-46) (Dec. 27, 2013).
- Information Resellers: Consumer Privacy Framework Needs to Reflect Changes in Technology and the Marketplace (GAO-14-251T) (Dec. 18, 2013).
- Clinical Data Registries: HHS Could Improve Medicare Quality and Efficiency through Key Requirements and Oversight (GAO-14-75) (Dec. 16, 2013).
- IT Dashboard: Agencies Are Managing Investment Risk, but Related Ratings Need to Be More Accurate and Available (GAO-14-64) (Dec. 12, 2013).
- Information Security: Agency Responses to Breaches of Personally Identifiable Information Need to Be More Consistent (GAO-14-34) (Dec. 9, 2013).
- In-car Location-based Services: Companies Are Taking Steps to Protect Privacy, but Some Risks May Not Be Clear to Consumers (GAO-14-81) (Dec. 6, 2013).
- Telecommunications: GSA Needs to Share and Prioritize Lessons Learned to Avoid Future Transition Delays (GAO-14-63) (Dec. 5, 2013).
- Geospatial Information: OMB and Agencies Can Reduce Duplication by Making Coordination a Priority (GAO-14-226T) (Dec. 5, 2013).
- DHS Management and Administrative Spending: Reliable Data Could Help DHS Better Estimate Resource Requests (GAO-14-27) (Dec. 4, 2013).
- Health Resources and Services Administration: Review of Internal Communication Mechanisms, Staffing, and Use of Contracts (GAO-14-52) (Dec. 3, 2013).
- Social Security Death Data: Additional Action Needed to Address Data Errors and Federal Agency Access (GAO-14-46) (Nov. 27, 2013).
- Small Business Contracting: Updated Guidance and Reporting Needed for Consolidated Contracts (GAO-14-36) (Nov. 26, 2013).
- Information Technology: Leveraging Best Practices to Help Ensure Successful Major Acquisitions (GAO-14-183T) (Nov. 13, 2013).
- GPS Disruptions: Efforts to Assess Risks to Critical Infrastructure and Coordinate Agency Actions Should Be Enhanced (GAO-14-15) (Nov. 6, 2013).
- Information Technology: Additional OMB and Agency Actions Are Needed to Achieve Portfolio Savings (GAO-14-65) (Nov. 6, 2013).
- Information Technology: Agencies Need to Strengthen Oversight of Multibillion Dollar Investments in Operations and Maintenance (GAO-14-66) (Nov. 6, 2013).
- Small Business Innovation Research: Data Rights Protections (GAO-14-116R) (Nov. 4, 2013).
- Intelligent Transportation Systems: Vehicle-to-Vehicle Technologies Expected to Offer Safety Benefits, but a Variety of Deployment Challenges Exist (GAO-14-13) (Nov. 1, 2013).
- 2020 Census: Additional Actions Could Strengthen Future Census Test Designs (GAO-14-26) (Oct. 25, 2013).
- Electronic Health Records: Number and Characteristics of Providers Awarded Medicare Incentive Payments for 2011-2012 (GAO-14-21R) (Oct. 24, 2013).
- Federal Information Security: Mixed Progress in Implementing Program Components; Improved Metrics Needed to Measure Effectiveness (GAO-13-776) (Sept. 26, 2013).
- Information Resellers: Consumer Privacy Framework Needs to Reflect Changes in Technology and the Marketplace (GAO-13-663) (Sept. 25, 2013).
- Environmental Satellites: Focused Attention Needed to Improve Mitigation Strategies for Satellite Coverage Gaps (GAO-13-865T) (Sept. 19, 2013).
- Federal Data Transparency: Opportunities Remain to Incorporate Recovery Act Lessons Learned (GAO-13-871T) (Sept. 18, 2013).
- DHS Recruiting and Hiring: DHS Is Generally Filling Mission-Critical Positions, but Could Better Track Costs of Coordinated Recruiting Efforts (GAO-13-742) (Sept. 17, 2013).
- Private Pensions: Revised Electronic Disclosure Rules Could Clarify Use and Better Protect Participant Choice (GAO-13-594) (Sept. 13, 2013).
- Information Technology: Key Federal Agencies Need to Address Potentially Duplicative Investments (GAO-13-718) (Sept. 12, 2013).
- Polar Weather Satellites: NOAA Identified Ways to Mitigate Data Gaps, but Contingency Plans and Schedules Require Further Attention (GAO-13-676) (Sept. 11, 2013).
- Medicare Information Technology: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Needs to Pursue a Solution for Removing Social Security Numbers from Cards (GAO-13-761) (Sept. 10, 2013).
- Freedom of Information Act: Office of Government Information Services Has Begun Implementing Its Responsibilities, but Further Actions Are Needed (GAO-13-650) (Sept. 10, 2013).
- National Archives and Records Administration: Actions Needed to Ensure Facilities That Store Federal Records Meet Standards (GAO-13-668) (Sept. 10, 2013).
- Global Positioning System: A Comprehensive Assessment of Potential Options and Related Costs is Needed (GAO-13-729) (Sept. 9, 2013).
- Geostationary Weather Satellites: Progress Made, but Weaknesses in Scheduling, Contingency Planning, and Communicating with Users Need to Be Addressed (GAO-13-597) (Sept. 9, 2013).
- Army and Marine Corps Training: Better Performance and Cost Data Needed to More Fully Assess Simulation-Based Efforts (GAO-13-698) (Aug. 22, 2013).
- Army Networks: Opportunities Exist to Better Utilize Results from Network Integration Evaluations (GAO-13-711) (Aug. 22, 2013).
- Intellectual Property: Assessing Factors That Affect Patent Infringement Litigation Could Help Improve Patent Quality (GAO-13-465) (Aug. 22, 2013).
- Next Generation Jammer: DOD Should Continue to Assess Potential Duplication and Overlap As Program Moves Forward (GAO-13-642) (Aug. 20, 2013).
- Defense Acquisitions: DOD Efforts to Adopt Open Systems for Its Unmanned Aircraft Systems Have Progressed Slowly (GAO-13-651) (July 31, 2013).
- Information Technology: OMB and Agencies Need to More Effectively Implement Major Initiatives to Save Billions of Dollars (GAO-13-796T) (July 25, 2013).
- Highlights of a Forum: Data Analytics For Oversight and Law Enforcement (GAO-13-680SP) (July 15, 2013).
- Internet Pharmacies: Federal Agencies and States Face Challenges Combating Rogue Sites, Particularly Those Abroad (GAO-13-560) (July 8, 2013).
- Education-Status of the Department of Education's Inventory of Its Data Collections (GAO-13-596R) (June 28, 2013).
- Federal Telework: Office of Personnel Management's 2012 Telework Report Shows Opportunities for Improvement (GAO-13-298R) (June 28, 2013).
- Video Marketplace: Competition Is Evolving, and Government Reporting Should Be Reevaluated (GAO-13-576) (June 25, 2013).
- Virtual Economies and Currencies: Additional IRS Guidance Could Reduce Tax Compliance Risks (GAO-13-516) (June 17, 2013).
- Information Technology: Additional Executive Review Sessions Needed to Address Troubled Projects (GAO-13-524) (June 13, 2013).
- Information Technology: HUD Needs to Improve Key Project Management Practices for Its Modernization Efforts (GAO-13-455) (June 12, 2013).
- Information Technology: OMB and Agencies Need to Focus Continued Attention on Eliminating Duplicative Investments (GAO-13-685T) (June 11, 2013).
- College Textbooks: Students Have Greater Access to Textbook Information (GAO-13-368) (June 6, 2013).
- Spectrum Management: Federal Relocation Costs and Auction Revenues (GAO-13-472) (May 22, 2013).
- Telecommunications Networks: Addressing Potential Security Risks of Foreign-Manufactured Equipment (GAO-13-652T) (May 21, 2013).
- Data Center Consolidation: Strengthened Oversight Needed to Achieve Billions of Dollars in Savings (GAO-13-627T) (May 14, 2013).
- Bureau of the Public Debt: Areas for Improvement in Information Systems Controls (GAO-13-416R) (May 9, 2013).
- Federal Reserve Banks: Areas for Improvement in Information Systems Controls (GAO-13-419R) (May 9, 2013).
- Federal Retirement Processing: OPM Is Pursuing Incremental Information Technology Improvements after Canceling a Modernization Plagued by Management Weaknesses (GAO-13-580T) (May 9, 2013).
- Data Center Consolidation: Strengthened Oversight Needed to Achieve Cost Savings Goal (GAO-13-378) (Apr. 23, 2013).
- Information Technology: Consistently Applying Best Practices Could Help IRS Improve the Reliability of Reported Cost and Schedule Information (GAO-13-401) (Apr. 17, 2013).
- IRS Website: Long-Term Strategy Needed to Improve Interactive Services (GAO-13-435) (Apr. 16, 2013).
- Outcome-Based Measures Would Assist DHS in Assessing Effectiveness of Cybersecurity Efforts (GAO-13-275) (April 11, 2013)
- Information Sharing: Agencies Could Better Coordinate to Reduce Overlap in Field-Based Activities (GAO-13-471) (Apr. 4, 2013).
- Political Intelligence: Financial Market Value of Government Information Hinges on Materiality and Timing (GAO-13-389) (Apr. 4, 2013).
- Communications Networks: Outcome-Based Measures Would Assist DHS in Assessing Effectiveness of Cybersecurity Efforts (GAO-13-275) (Apr. 3, 2013).
- Major Automated Information Systems: Selected Defense Programs Need to Implement Key Acquisition Practices (GAO-13-311) (Mar. 28, 2013).
- Information Sharing: Additional Actions Could Help Ensure That Efforts to Share Terrorism-Related Suspicious Activity Reports Are Effective (GAO-13-233) (Mar. 26, 2013).
- Information Technology: DHS Needs to Enhance Management of Major Investments (GAO-13-478T) (Mar. 19, 2013).
- Information Security: IRS Has Improved Controls but Needs to Resolve Weaknesses (GAO-13-350) (Mar. 15, 2013).
- Cybersecurity: A Better Defined and Implemented National Strategy Is Needed to Address Persistent Challenges (GAO-13-462T) (Mar. 7, 2013).
- Strategic Sourcing: Improved and Expanded Use Could Provide Procurement Savings for Federal Information Technology (GAO-13-408T) (Feb. 27, 2013).
- Electronic Health Records: Long History of Management Challenges Raises Concerns about VA's and DOD's New Approach to Sharing Health Information (GAO-13-413T) (Feb. 27, 2013).
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems: Continued Coordination, Operational Data, and Performance Standards Needed to Guide Research and Development (GAO-13-346T) (Feb. 15, 2013).
- Cybersecurity: National Strategy, Roles, and Responsibilities Need to Be Better Defined and More Effectively Implemented (GAO-13-187) (Feb. 14, 2013).
- High-risk Series: An Update (2013) (GAO-13-283) (Feb. 14, 2013).
- Registered Sex Offenders: Sharing More Information Will Enable Federal Agencies to Improve Notifications of Sex Offenders' International Travel (GAO-13-200) (Feb. 14, 2012).
- Human Services: Sustained and Coordinated Efforts Could Facilitate Data Sharing While Protecting Privacy (GAO-13-106) (Feb. 8, 2013).
- Broadcasting Board of Governors: Additional Steps Needed to Address Overlap in International Broadcasting (GAO-13-172) (Jan. 29, 2013).
- Information Security: Federal Communications Commission Needs to Strengthen Controls over Enhanced Secured Network Project (GAO-13-155) (Jan. 25, 2013).
- Information Technology: OMB and Agencies Need to Fully Implement Major Initiatives to Save Billions of Dollars (GAO-13-297T) (Jan. 22, 2013).
- Information Security: Actions Needed by Census Bureau to Address Weaknesses (GAO-13-63) (Jan. 22, 2013).
- Army Networks: Size and Scope of Modernization Investment Merit Increased Oversight (GAO-13-179) (Jan. 10, 2013).
Other GAO Reports
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021