The following are the GAO reports published in 2014 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
- Mobile Devices: Federal Agencies' Steps to Improve Mobile Access to Government Information and Services (GAO-15-69) (Dec. 22, 2014).
- Polar Weather Satellites: NOAA Needs To Prepare for Near-term Data Gaps (GAO-15-47) (Dec. 16, 2014) [Reissued on January 16, 2015].
- Geostationary Weather Satellites: Launch Date Nears, but Remaining Schedule Risks Need to be Addressed (GAO-15-60) (Dec. 16, 2014).
- Federal Facility Cybersecurity: DHS and GSA Should Address Cyber Risk to Building and Access Control Systems (full-text) (GAO-15-6) (Dec 12, 2014).
- Federal Retirement Processing: Applying Information Technology Acquisition Best Practices Could Help OPM Overcome a Long History of Unsuccessful Modernization Efforts (GAO-15-277T) (Dec. 10, 2014).
- Information Technology: HUD Can Take Additional Actions to Improve Its Governance (GAO-15-56) (Dec. 10, 2014).
- Unmanned Aerial Systems: Efforts Made toward Integration into the National Airspace Continue, but Many Actions Still Required (GAO-15-254T) (Dec. 10, 2014).
- Space Acquisitions: DOD Needs More Guidance on Decisions to Store Satellites (GAO-15-97R) (Dec. 9, 2014).
- Federal Data Transparency: Effective Implementation of the DATA Act Would Help Address Government-wide Management Challenges and Improve Oversight (GAO-15-241T) (Dec. 3, 2014).
- Broadband Internet: FCC Should Track the Application of Fixed Internet Usage-Based Pricing and Help Improve Consumer Education (GAO-15-108) (Nov. 24, 2014).
- Freedom of Information Act: Cost Reporting and Eliminate Duplicate Processing (GAO-15-82) (Nov. 19, 2014).
- Intellectual Property: U.S. Customs and Border Protection Could Better Manage Its Process to Enforce Exclusion Orders (GAO-15-78) (Nov. 19, 2014).
- Education and Workforce Data: Challenges in Matching Student and Worker Information Raise Concerns about Longitudinal Data Systems (GAO-15-27) (Nov. 19, 2014).
- Information Security: VA Needs to Address Identified Vulnerabilities (GAO-15-117) (Nov. 13, 2014).
- Information Sharing: DHS Is Assessing Fusion Center Capabilities and Results, but Needs to More Accurately Account for Federal Funding Provided to Centers (GAO-15-155) (Nov. 4, 2014).
- DOD Space Systems: Additional Knowledge Would Better Support Decisions about Disaggregating Large Satellites (GAO-15-7) (Oct. 30, 2014).
- Health Care Transparency: Actions Needed to Improve Cost and Quality Information for Consumers (GAO-15-11) (Oct. 20, 2014).
- Technology Transfer: Federal Laboratory Consortium Should Increase Communication with Potential Customers to Improve Initiatives (GAO-15-127) (Oct. 3, 2014).
- 2020 Census: Census Bureau Can Improve Use of Leading Practices When Choosing Address and Mapping Sources (GAO-15-21) (Oct. 2, 2014).
- Unmanned Aerial Systems: Department of Homeland Security's Review of U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Use and Compliance with Privacy and Civil Liberty Laws and Standards (GAO-14-849R) (Sept. 30, 2014).
- Cloud Computing: Additional Opportunities and Savings Need to Be Pursued (GAO-14-753) (Sept. 25, 2014).
- Data Center Consolidation: Reporting Can Be Improved to Reflect Substantial Planned Savings (GAO-14-713) (Sept. 25, 2014).
- Federal Software Licenses: Most Agencies Have Reported Planned Actions to Address Our Prior Recommendations on Software License Management (GAO-14-835R) (Sept. 23, 2014).
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Some Privacy and Security Procedures for Data Collections Should Continue Being Enhanced (GAO-14-758) (Sept. 22, 2014).
- Secure Flight: Additional Actions Needed to Determine Program Effectiveness and Strengthen Privacy Oversight Mechanisms (GAO-14-796T) (Sept. 18, 2014).
- Healthcare.gov: Information Security and Privacy Controls Should Be Enhanced to Address Weaknesses (GAO-14-871T) (Sept. 18, 2014).
- Broadcast Television and Radio: Disclosure Requirements for Broadcasted Content (GAO-14-738) (Sept. 17, 2014).
- Healthcare.gov: Actions Needed to Address Weaknesses in Information Security and Privacy Controls (GAO-14-730) (Sept. 16, 2014).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: DHS Action Needed to Enhance Integration and Coordination of Vulnerability Assessment Efforts (Sept. 15, 2014).
- Secure Flight: TSA Could Take Additional Steps to Strengthen Privacy Oversight Mechanisms (GAO-14-647) (Sept. 9, 2014).
- Identity Theft: Additional Actions Could Help IRS Combat the Large, Evolving Threat of Refund Fraud (GAO-14-633) (Aug. 20, 2014).
- Information Security: Agencies Need to Improve Oversight of Contractor Controls (GAO-14-612) (Aug. 8, 2014).
- Human Capital: OPM Needs to Improve the Design, Management, and Oversight of the Federal Classification System (GAO-14-677) (July 31, 2014).
- Medicare Advantage: CMS Should Fully Develop Plans for Encounter Data and Assess Data Quality before Use (GAO-14-571) (July 31, 2014)
- Healthcare.gov: Contract Planning and Oversight Practices Were Ineffective Given the Challenges and Risks (GAO-14-824T) (July 31, 2014).
- Healthcare.gov: Ineffective Planning and Oversight Practices Underscore the Need for Improved Contract Management (GAO-14-694) (July 30, 2014).
- Information Management: The National Technical Information Service's Dissemination of Technical Reports Needs Attention (GAO-14-781T) (July 23, 2014).
- Telecommunications: FCC Should Improve the Accountability and Transparency of High-Cost Program Funding (GAO-14-587) (July 22, 2014).
- Electronic Health Records: Fiscal Year 2013 Expenditure Plan Lacks Key Information Needed to Inform Future Funding Decisions (GAO-14-609) (July 8, 2014).
- Software Licenses: DOD's Plan to Collect Inventory Data Meets Statutory Requirements (GAO-14-625) (July 8, 2014).
- Data Transparency: Oversight Needed to Address Underreporting and Inconsistencies on Federal Award Website (GAO-14-476) (June 30, 2014).
- Media Ownership: FCC Should Review the Effects of Broadcaster Agreements on Its Media Policy Goals (GAO-14-558) (June 27, 2014).
- Defense Acquisitions: Review of Private Industry and Department of Defense Open Systems Experiences (GAO-14-617R) (June 26, 2014).
- Information Security: Additional Oversight Needed to Improve Programs at Small Agencies (GAO-14-344) (June 25, 2014).
- Transportation Security Information Sharing: Stakeholder Satisfaction Varies; TSA Could Take Additional Actions to Strengthen Efforts (GAO-14-506) (June 24, 2014).
- Export Controls: NASA Management Action and Improved Oversight Needed to Reduce the Risk of Unauthorized Access to Its Technologies (GAO-14-690T) (June 20, 2014).
- Biosurveillance: Observations on the Cancellation of BioWatch Gen-3 and Future Considerations for the Program (GAO-14-267T) (June 10, 2014).
- Information Technology: Reform Initiatives Can Help Improve Efficiency and Effectiveness (GAO-14-671T) (June 10, 2014).
- Maritime Critical Infrastructure Protection: DHS Needs to Better Address Port Cybersecurity (GAO-14-459) (June 5, 2014).
- Consumers' Location Data: Companies Take Steps to Protect Privacy, but Practices Are Inconsistent, and Risks May Not be Clear to Consumers (GAO-14-649T) (June 4, 2014).
- DHS Intelligence Analysis: Additional Actions Needed to Address Analytic Priorities and Workforce Challenges (GAO-14-397) (June 4, 2014).
- Virtual Currencies: Emerging Regulatory, Law Enforcement, and Consumer Protection Challenges (GAO-14-496) (May 29, 2014).
- Army Networks: Select Programs Are Utilizing Competition to Varying Degrees (GAO-14-460) (May 29, 2014).
- Internet Domain Names: Background and Policy Issues (CRS Report 97-868) (May 23, 2014).
- Internet Governance and the Domain Name System: Issues for Congress (May 23, 2014).
- Cybersecurity: Authoritative Reports and Resources, by Topic (CRS Report R42507) (May 22, 2014).
- Federal Software Licenses: Better Management Needed to Achieve Significant Savings Government-Wide (GAO-14-413) (May 22, 2014).
- Telecommunications: USDA Should Evaluate the Performance of the Rural Broadband Loan Program (GAO-14-471) (May 22, 2014).
- Nanomanufacturing and U.S. Competitiveness: Challenges and Opportunities (GAO-14-618T) (May 20, 2014).
- Information Technology: Implementing Best Practices and Reform Initiatives Can Help Improve the Management of Investments (GAO-14-596T) (May 8, 2014).
- Information Technology: SSA Needs to Address Limitations in Management Controls and Human Capital Planning to Support Modernization Efforts (GAO-14-308) (May 8, 2014).
- Information Technology: Leveraging Best Practices and Reform Initiatives Can Help Agencies Better Manage Investments (GAO-14-568T) (May 7, 2014).
- Information Technology: Agencies Need to Establish and Implement Incremental Development Policies (GAO-14-361) (May 1, 2014).
- Telecommunications: Projects and Policies Related to Deploying Broadband in Unserved and Underserved Areas (GAO-14-409) (Apr. 23, 2014).
- Information Security: Agencies Need to Improve Cyber Incident Response Practices (GAO-14-354) (Apr. 30, 2014).
- Export Controls: NASA Management Action and Improved Oversight Needed to Reduce the Risk of Unauthorized Access to Its Technologies (GAO-14-31) (Apr. 15, 2014).
- Information Security: SEC Needs to Improve Controls over Financial Systems and Data GAO-14-419) (Apr. 17, 2014).
- NASA: Assessments of Selected Large-Scale Projects (GAO-14-338SP) (Apr. 15, 2014).
- Air Force: Actions Needed to Strengthen Management of Unmanned Aerial System Pilots (GAO-14-316) (Apr. 10, 2014).
- Information Security: IRS Needs to Address Control Weaknesses That Place Financial and Taxpayer Data at Risk (GAO-14-405) (Apr. 8, 2014).
- 2020 Census: Prioritized Information Technology Research and Testing Is Needed for Census Design Decisions (GAO-14-389) (Apr. 3, 2014).
- Information Security: Federal Agencies Need to Enhance Responses to Data Breaches (GAO-14-487T) (Apr. 2, 2014).
- Advanced Imaging Technology: TSA Needs Additional Information before Procuring Next-Generation Systems (GAO-14-357) (Mar. 31, 2014).
- Electricity Markets: Demand-Response Activities Have Increased, but FERC Could Improve Data Collection and Reporting Efforts (GAO-14-73) (Mar. 27, 2014).
- Major Automated Information Systems: Selected Defense Programs Need to Implement Key Acquisition Practices (GAO-14-309) (Mar. 27, 2014).
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter: Slower Than Expected Progress in Software Testing May Limit Initial Warfighting Capabilities (GAO-14-468T) (Mar. 26, 2014).
- Information Seccurity: VA Needs to Address Long-Standing Challenges (GAO-14-469T) (Mar. 25, 2014).
- Electronic Health Records: HHS Strategy to Address Information Exchange Challenges Lacks Specific Prioritized Actions and Milestones (GAO-14-242) (Mar. 24, 2014).
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter: Problems Completing Software Testing May Hinder Delivery of Expected Warfighting Capabilities (GAO-14-322) (Mar. 24, 2014).
- Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications: Review of DOD's Current Modernization Efforts (GAO-14-414R) (Mar. 18, 2014).
- Space Acquisitions: Acquisition Management Continues to Improve but Challenges Persist for Current and Future Programs (GAO-14-382T) (Mar. 12, 2014).
- Electronic Health Record Programs: Participation Has Increased, but Action Needed to Achieve Goals, Including Improved Quality of Care (GAO-14-207) (Mar. 6, 2014).
- Electronic Health Records: VA and DOD Need to Support Cost and Schedule Claims, Develop Interoperability Plans, and Improve Collaboration (GAO-14-302) (Feb. 27, 2014).
- Internet Pharmacies: Most Rogue Sites Operate from Abroad, and Many Sell Counterfeit Drugs (GAO-14-386T) (Feb. 27, 2014).
- Information Technology: Leveraging Best Practices and Reform Initiatives Can Help Defense Manage Major Investments (GAO-14-400T) (Feb. 26, 2014).
- Spectrum Management: FCC's Use and Enforcement of Buildout Requirements (GAO-14-236) (Feb. 26, 2014).
- Information Technology: HUD's Expenditure Plan Satisfied Statutory Conditions; Sustained Controls and Modernization Approach Needed (GAO-14-283) (Feb. 12, 2014).
- DoD Business Systems Modernization: Air Force Business System Schedule and Cost Estimates (GAO-14-152) (Feb. 7, 2014).
- Telecommunications: Federal Broadband Deployment Programs and Small Business (GAO-14-203) (Feb. 7, 2014).
- Nanomanufacturing: Emergence and Implications for U.S. Competitiveness, the Environment, and Human Health (GAO-14-181SP) (Jan 31, 2014).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: More Comprehensive Planning Would Enhance the Cybersecurity of Public Safety Entities' Emerging Technology (GAO-14-125) (Jan. 28 2014).
- Computer Matching Act: OMB and Selected Agencies Need to Ensure Consistent Implementation (GAO-14-44) (Jan. 13, 2014).
- Medicare Part D: CMS Has Implemented Processes to Oversee Plan Finder Pricing Accuracy and Improve Website Usability (GAO-14-143) (Jan. 10, 2014).
- Medicaid: Use of Claims Data for Analysis of Provider Payment Rates (GAO-14-56R) (Jan. 6, 2014).
Other GAO Reports
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021