The following are the GAO reports published in 2020 that are discussed in this wiki (in reverse chronological order). Those reports that have already been summarized are in blue; those that have not yet been summarized are in red.
[NOTE: GAO Reports are often updated; many are updated multiple times. The links below are to the most recent version of the Report.]
December[edit | edit source]
November[edit | edit source]
- 5G Wireless: Capabilities and Challenges for an Evolving Network (GAO-21-26SP) (Nov. 24, 2020).
- Defense Acquisitions: Joint Cyber Warfighting Architecture Would Benefit from Defined Goals and Governance (GAO-21-68) (Nov. 19, 2020).
- Defense Intelligence: Comprehensive Plan Needed to Improve Stakeholder Engagement in the Development of New Military Intelligence System (GAO-21-57) (Nov. 19, 2020.
- Federal Telework: Key Practices That Can Help Ensure the Success of Telework Programs (GAO-21-238T) (Nov. 18, 2020).
October[edit | edit source]
- Consumer Privacy: Better Disclosures Needed on Information Sharing by Banks and Credit Unions (GAO-21-36) (Oct. 22, 2020).
- Biomedical Research: NIH Should Publicly Report More Information about the Licensing of Its Intellectual Property (GAO-21-52) (Oct. 22, 2020).
- Aviation Cybersecurity: FAA Should Fully Implement Key Practices to Strengthen Its Oversight of Avionics Risks (GAO-21-86) (Oct. 9, 2020).
- Open Data: Agencies Need Guidance to Establish Comprehensive Data Inventories; Information on Their Progress is Limited (GAO-21-29) (Oct. 8, 2020).
- Information Technology: IRS Needs to Address Operational Challenges and Opportunities to Improve Management (GAO-21-178T) (Oct. 7, 2020).
- National Security: Additional Actions Needed to Ensure Effectiveness of 5G Strategy (GAO-21-155R) (Oct. 7, 2020).
- Telecommunications: FCC Should Enhance Performance Goals and Measures for Its Program to Support Broadband Service in High-Cost Areas (GAO-21-24) (Oct. 1, 2020).
September[edit | edit source]
- Science & Tech Spotlight: Agile Software Development (GAO-20-713SP) (Sept. 29, 2020).
- Agile Assessment Guide: Best Practices for Agile Adoption and Implementation (GAO-20-590G) (Sept. 28, 2020).
- Intellectual Property: CBP Has Taken Steps to Combat Counterfeit Goods in Small Packages but Could Streamline Enforcement (GAO-20-692) (Sept. 24, 2020).
- Cyber Diplomacy: State Has Not Involved Relevant Federal Agencies in the Development of Its Plan to Establish the Cyberspace Security and Emerging Technologies Bureau (GAO-20-607R) (Sept. 22, 2020).
- Cybersecurity: Clarity of Leadership Urgently Needed to Fully Implement the National Strategy (GAO-20-629) (Sept. 22, 2020).
- Information Security and Privacy: HUD Needs a Major Effort to Protect Data Shared with External Entities (GAO-20-431) (Sept. 21, 2020).
- Critical Infrastructure Protection: Treasury Needs to Improve Tracking of Financial Sector Cybersecurity Risk Mitigation Efforts (GAO-20-631) (Sept 17, 2020).
- Veteran Affairs: VA Needs to Address Persistent IT Modernization and Cybersecurity Challenges (GAO-20-719T) (Sept. 16, 2020).
- Data Security: Recent K-12 Data Breaches Show That Students Are Vulnerable to Harm (GAO-20-644) (Sept. 15, 2020).
- Medicaid Information Technology: Effective CMS Oversight and States' Sharing of Claims Processing and Information Retrieval Systems Can Reduce Costs GAO-20-179; Sept. 9, 2020.
- Facial Recognition: CBP and TSA are Taking Steps to Implement Programs, but CBP Should Address Privacy and System Performance Issues (GAO-20-568) (Sept. 2, 2020).
August[edit | edit source]
- Social Security Contracting: Relevant Guidance Should Be Revised to Reflect the Role of Contracting Personnel in Software Development (GAO-20-627) (July 31, 2020).
- Intellectual Property: Additional Agency Actions Can Improve Assistance to Small Businesses and Inventors (GAO-20-556) (Aug. 27, 2020).
- Cybersecurity: DHS and Selected Agencies Need to Address Shortcomings in Implementation of Network Monitoring Program (GAO-20-598) (Aug. 18, 2020).
July[edit | edit source]
- COVID-19: Data Quality and Considerations for Modeling and Analysis (GAO-20-635SP) (July 30, 2020).
- Facial Recognition Technology: Privacy and Accuracy Issues Related to Commercial Uses (GAO-20-522) (July 13, 2020).
- Data Act: OIGs Reported That Quality of Agency-Submitted Data Varied, and Most Recommended Improvements (GAO-20-540 (July 9, 2020).
June[edit | edit source]
- Broadband: Observations on Past and Ongoing Efforts to Expand Access and Improve Mapping Data (GAO-20-535) (June 25, 2020).
- Electronic Health Records: Ongoing Stakeholder Involvement Needed in the Department of Veterans Affairs' Modernization Effort (GAO-20-473) (June 5, 2020).
- Agile Software Development: DHS Has Made Significant Progress in Implementing Leading Practices, but Needs to Take Additional Actions (GAO-20-213) (Jun 1, 2020).
- Internet Protocol Version 6: DOD Needs to Improve Transition Planning (GAO-20-402) (June 1, 2020).
May[edit | edit source]
- Science & Tech Spotlight: Quantum Technologies (GAO-20-527SP) (May 28, 2020).
April[edit | edit source]
- Cybersecurity: DOD Needs to Take Decisive Actions to Improve Cyber Hygiene (GAO-20-241) (Apr 13, 2020).
- Telecommunications and Call Centers: Observations on Federal Contracting Practices (GAO-20-291) (Apr. 13, 2020).
March[edit | edit source]
- Science & Tech Spotlight: 5G Wireless (GAO-20-421SP) (Reissued with revisions on Mar. 27, 2020).
- Information Security: FCC Made Significant Progress, but Needs to Address Remaining Control Deficiencies and Improve Its Program (GAO-20-265) (Mar. 25, 2020).
- Freedom of Information Act: Federal Agencies' Recent Implementation Efforts (GAO-20-406R) (Mar. 11, 2020).
- Business Systems Modernization: DOD Has Made Progress in Addressing Recommendations to Improve IT Management, but More Action Is Needed (GAO-20-253) (Mar. 5, 2020).
- Data Center Optimization: Agencies Report Progress, but Oversight and Cybersecurity Risks Need to Be Addressed (GAO-20-279) (Mar. 5, 2020).
February[edit | edit source]
- Information Management: Selected Agencies Need to Fully Address Federal Electronic Recordkeeping Requirements (
GAO-20-59) (Feb. 27, 2020).
- Science & Tech Spotlight: Deepfakes (GAO-20-379SP) (Feb. 20, 2020).
- Virtuala Currencies: Additional Information Reporting and Clarified Guidance Could Improve Tax Compliance (GAO-20-188) (Feb. 12, 2020).
- Office of Congressional Workplace Rights: Weaknesses in Cybersecurity Management and Oversight Need to Be Addressed (GAO-20-199) (Feb. 11, 2020).
- Information Technology: DHS Directives Have Strengthened Federal Cybersecurity, but Improvements Are Needed (GAO-20-133) (Feb. 4, 2020).
January[edit | edit source]
- Artificial Intelligence in Health Care Benefits and Challenges of Machine Learning in Drug Development [Reissued with revisions on Jan. 31, 2020.] (GAO-20-215SP) (Dec. 20, 2019).
- Innovative Technologies in Manufacturing: Commerce Has Stopped Efforts to Implement Loan Guarantee Program (GAO-20-326R) (Jan. 28, 2020).
- James Webb Space Telescope: Technical Challenges Have Caused Schedule Strain and May Increase Costs (GAO-20-224) (Jan. 28, 2020).
- Public-Saftey Broadcast Network: Network Deployment Is Progressing, but FirstNet Could Strengthen Its Oversight (GAO-20-346) (Jan. 27, 2020).
Other GAO Reports[edit | edit source]
The following entries list GAO Reports in chronological order by year:
• 1958 • 1960 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972 • 1973 • 1974 • 1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1981 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019