Overview[edit | edit source]
In March 1998, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) established the ITU Year 2000 Task Force to provide advice and information on how best to overcome potential difficulties associated with the change to the new millennium.
The Task Force mandate included:
- Raise the awareness of all telecommunications operators and telecommunications carriers on Y2K.
- Advise on the compliance standards established under the umbrella of the ITU.
- Seek to establish the position of all operators and carriers, including an understanding of their time scales for compliance and providing assistance, as needed.
- Seek to promote agreement on sharing of information in and between components of the telecommunications sector.
- Establish and set in motion best practices among the full ITU membership.
Source[edit | edit source]
- Y2K: Starting the Century Right!, at 46.