The Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS) is an organisation that provides anti-spam support by maintaining blacklists. They provide five blacklists, categorising why an IP address or an IP block is listed:
- Real-Time Blackhole List (RBL), the one for which MAPS is probably best known.
- Dialup Users List (DUL), blocks of IP addresses that include many small office and home office users.
- Relay Spam Stopper (RSS), spam relays, e.g. hijacked servers.
- Open Proxy Servers (OPS), naively open SMTP servers.
- Non-confirming Mailing List (NML), marketers who use opt-out strategy.
The acronym MAPS is spam spelled backwards.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|