Overview[edit | edit source]
The NIST Cybersecurity Practice Guides (NIST Special Publication Series 1800) target specific cybersecurity challenges in the public and private sectors. They are practical, user-friendly guides that facilitate the adoption of standards-based approaches to cybersecurity. They show members of the information security community how to implement example solutions that help them align more easily with relevant standards and best practices and provide users with the materials lists, configuration files, and other information they need to implement a similar approach.
The documents in this series describe example implementations of cybersecurity practices that businesses and other organizations may voluntarily adopt. These documents do not describe regulations or mandatory practices, nor do they carry statutory authority.
The documents in this series are:
- NIST Special Publication 1800-11: (DRAFT) Data Integrity: Recovering from Ransomware and Other Destructive Events (Sept. 6, 2017).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-9: (DRAFT) Access Rights Management for the Financial Services Sector (Aug. 31, 2017).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-8: (DRAFT) Securing Wireless Infusion Pumps in Healthcare Delivery Organizations (May 8, 2017).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-7: (DRAFT) Situational Awareness for Electric Utilities (Feb. 16, 2017).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-6: (DRAFT) Domain Name Systems-Based Electronic Mail Security (Nov. 2016).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-5: (DRAFT) IT Asset Management (Oct. 29, 2015).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-4: (DRAFT) Mobile Device Security: Cloud & Hybrid Builds (Nov. 5, 2015).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-3: (DRAFT) Attribute Based Access Control (Sep. 29, 2015).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-2: (DRAFT) Identity and Access Management for Electric Utilities (Aug. 25, 2015).
- NIST Special Publication 1800-1: (DRAFT) Securing Electronic Health Records on Mobile Devices (July 28, 2015).