Data storage Edit
Electronic money Edit
Online (also spelled on-line and on line) is
|“||the transmission of transfer instructions by users, through such electronic means as computer-to-computer interfaces or electronic terminals, that are entered into a transfer-processing system by automated means. The term may also refer to the storage of data by a transfer-processing system on a computer database such that the user has direct access to the data (frequently in real time) through input/output devices such as terminals.||”|
Online (also spelled on-line and on line) means
|“||(1) Pertaining to a user's ability to interact with a computer, (2) Pertaining to a user's access to computer via terminal, (3) Pertaining to the operation of a functional unit that is under the continual control of a computer. The term 'on line' is also used to describe a user's access to a computer via a terminal.||”|
|“||[t]he state associated with the ability to connect and communicate with other networks, systems, computers, subjects or components in real time through the Internet."||”|
|“||appearing on any public-facing Internet Web site, Web application, or digital application, including a social network or publication.||”|
- ↑ ARSC Guide to Audio Preservation, Glossary, App. B, at 227.
- ↑ Report on Electronic Money, Annex 1, Glossary, at 40.
- ↑ In re TBG, Inc., 229 U.S.P.Q. (BNA) 759, 759 n.1 (T.T.A.B. 1986).
- ↑ The White House, National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace: Creating Options for Enhanced Online Security and Privacy, at 33.
- ↑ Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 17940(b).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.