Overview[edit | edit source]
The Organisation of the Islamic Conference-CERT (OIC-CERT) was established by virtue of Resolution INF 35/3 adopted by the 35th Session of the CFM in Kampala. The OIC-CERT is aimed at enhancing and promoting cooperation between the similar teams established within the OIC Member States. The objectives can be summarized as follows:
- Strengthening the relationships between Computer Emergency Response Teams in the Member States.
- Promoting information exchange
- Preventing or minimizing cyberterrorism and computer crimes
- Enhancing education and awareness programs
- Raising the level of cooperation in the areas of technological research and development.