Voluntary Best Practices for UAS Privacy, Transparency, and AccountabilityVoluntary Best Practices for UAS Privacy, Transparency, and Accountability (May 18, 2016) (full-text).
- providing notice of your use of UAS and notice of your data handling practices;
- avoiding the collection of data when the UAS operator knows the data subject has a reasonable expectation of privacy;
- avoiding the persistent and continuous collection of data on individuals without a compelling need to do so or consent;
- minimizing the operation of UAS over private property without legal authority or consent;
- avoiding publicly disclosing personal information captured by UAS when it is not necessary to fulfill the stated purpose for which the UAS is used; and
- managing security risks by implementing reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal information collected by UAS.